I stumbled on this, it made me laugh! and I decided to share it here.
Just smile :)
Top 10 Sayings of Moms in the Bible
10. Samson! Get your hand out of that lion. You don't know where it's been!
9. David! I told you not to play in the house with that sling! Go practice your harp. We pay good money for those lessons!
8. Abraham! Stop wandering around the countryside and get home for supper!
7. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! I told you never to play with fire!
6. Cain! Get off your brother! You're going to kill him some day! (like duh!!)
5. Noah! No, you can't keep them! I told you, don't bring home any more strays!
4. Gideon! Have you been hiding in that wine press again? Look at your clothes! (Judges 6:11)
3. James and John! No more burping contests at the dinner table, please. People are going to call you the sons of thunder! (Mark 3:17)
2. Judas! Have you been in my purse again?! (He can't help it mum! heehaw!)
And the number one is:
1. Jesus! Stop working on that old wood and come in and eat! You'd spend your life on that wood, if your father asked ya to!* (And He did, Halleluyah!)
Serious one here ------ * Please note that the word "spend" isn't used in the sense of time, but in the sense of "giving his all" "being poured out."
Kinda reminds me of Sunday school days. :)
P.S. Last week I posted a flash piece on www.femmelounge.com ( a great online magazine for young women!) titled On The Brink: When Nothing Makes Sense.
If you haven't already, you can read it here http://www.femmelounge.org/?p=5091
I'm grateful to everyone who shared and left a comment. Thanks for the love!